The Green measure 2011 Budget
March 24, 2011 Leave a comment
What’s in store for Green Britain after the 2011 Budget on 23rd March?
• Green Deal to reduce energy bills from next year.
• The UK to become the first country in the world to introduce a carbon price floor for the power sector.
• New “green investment bank“, to start operating next year, will have access to £3bn of funds.
• Climate change levy discount on electricity for those signing up to climate change agreements will rise from 65% to 80% from April 2013.
• Plans to switch air passenger duty (APD) from passengers to planes have been dropped. This year’s APD rise is postponed for a year, and the government will seek to impose the tax on private jets.
Gemma, Account Manager, dbda