The BETT Award winners 2011
January 24, 2011 Leave a comment
- Early Years & Primary Digital Content: Q&D Multimedia – busythings.co.uk
an online subscription service hosting software dedicated to Early Years and SEN pupils.
- Secondary, FE & Skills Digital Content: Lightbox Education and Parliament’s Education Service – MP for a Week
Parliament’s Education Service works with schools and Members of both Houses of Parliament to support young people in developing their understanding of Parliament and democracy.
MP for a Week: Step into the shoes of an MP. Decide on laws, debate with other MPs, deal with the media, make a speech in the House of Commons Chamber and meet ministers and your constituents. Can you keep your party and your voters happy to survive the week?
- Tools for Learning and Teaching: EMAS UK
EMAS UK is the National EMAS service that supports schools and teachers to deliver quality education to pupils that do not have English as their first language (EAL).
- Digital Collections and Resource Banks: English and Media Centre – The Poetry Station
In 2009 the English & Media Centre was awarded a small grant from Arts Council of England to create a freely accessible web-based video channel and portal for poetry.
- Leadership and Management Solutions: South West Grid for Learning Trust – 360 degree safe
The 360 degree safe online tool provides a user friendly and interactive means for schools to review their eSafety provision and to develop an action plan to bring about improvements. The tool is currently free of charge to schools on completion of a simple registration process.