Pearson/Edexcel – Jamie’s Cooking Skills
January 24, 2011 1 Comment
Pearson/Edexcel – Jamie’s Cooking Skills (Home Cooking Skills qualification)
- Site supports the Home Cooking Skills qualification
- Qualification profile:
- Consists of two single unit BTEC qualifications at Level 1 and Level 2
- Both qualifications are fully funded on the QCF and contribute to Performance Points
- Free online Teacher Support Materials accompany the course. They have been designed with teacher-ease in mind. They are user-friendly enough for those teachers without a home economics qualification to be able to teach, while at the same time providing exciting content for more experienced teachers and those who already have a good knowledge of food and cooking.
- Includes printable recipes, skills-based videos, activity sheets, facts sheets, learner records, feedback and gallery.
- This fulfilled a need to engage young people with the subject and is a good fit for a qualification and Jamie’s altruistic interests. Jamie’s mission was to focus on cooking, but the question begs the transference of elements of his empire to other subject areas e.g. business skills, buying and selling, public/media relations, people, entrepreneurialism.
Also check out: Money and Finance Skills – developed in partnership with Nationwide Building Society using the free, award winning NationwideEducation.co.uk resources.
Source: BETT Show 2011